Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Design Dev-Log #7

Hey guys! We've got some great new design changes that I'm thrilled to be sharing with you. So as I mentioned in my last post, we got some new models from Alice and I started playing around with them. After adding in a couple of colored lights, I decided to go ahead and change the level to night time. It was mostly as a joke, and to just make the plant lights pop, but after making the change, I found myself really liking what I was looking at. With a purple hue, everything looked a lot more mystical and a lot less Chicago, which is what we've been trying to get to. With that direction in mind, the new models we've been getting into the game now reflect a more mystical look. Currently we've added in vines with blue lights at the top, acting as street lamps, and have plans for other vegetation to mimic human creations.

This first change also prompted me to give the course a complete overhaul, and approach how we've been handling course design. Instead of a complete string, I decided to break the course into segments, and let wind currents carry the Players from segment to segment. I've also been using the nature models as obstacles, which is being well received and leading to people playing the game longer and having more fun. We're now currently testing different plane speeds for the different characters, to give the players some more drastic options when choosing different characters. It's getting pretty exciting, with only a couple of months to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment